- Patrik Mata In Dr. Martens Book On Fashion
Author Martin Roach contacted Patrik regarding his newest penning:
"In Dr. Martens: A History of Rebellious Self Expressions".
A chronicle of Britain's most influential brands this book narrative is told through in-depth research,
dozens of interviews with high profile musicians. subcultural individuals, and creative personalities.
Patrik first proudly started wearing Doc Martens boots in 1978 (steal cap of course)!
"A History of Rebellious Self Expressions" is complemented by over 220 photographs
(many previously unpublished~ Hence Patrik's recent photo session shot exclusivley for the pages of said book release), as well as,
rare memorabilia. Many thanks to Mr. Roach putting forth the many pages that make up this new release~ #StandForSomething
"Patrik Mata: Arguably the first musician ever in the United States to wear Dr. Martens" -Martin Roach
- Patrik Mata Interview By Terra Relicta
Patrik's newest interview is with the Brazilian based webzine Terra Relicta .
Tomaz of Terra Relicta approached Patrik just prior to the month of Kommunity FK's inking their recording contract with Crysella Records~ This timing factor ended up making this one in depth interview!!!
Patrik shares insite on Kommunity FK's new record deal, the jouny getting signed, and background on the making of Kommunity FK's full length album "Thee Image & Thee Myth".
Patrik thanks all of his fans world wide and hopes each member of the Kommunity FK Kontingent enjoys this online magazine piece~
- Patrik Mata~PreSonus's 'Artist Of The Day
- Patrik Mata founded his flagship musical endeavor Kommunity FK in Los Angeles in 1978, just as the aftershocks of the opposite coastâ€™s punk-rock shakeup were beginning to register in his area. A casual observer might be inclined to file Kommunity FK under â€śGothâ€ť and leave it at thatâ€”but to do so would be a clear indicator that said casual observer wasnâ€™t paying close attention.
Many components of the Kommunity FK gestalt are more literary than musical: Mata confesses to being inspired by Burroughs, Dali, and Dadaism. Sonically, Mataâ€™s influences are incredibly diverse. While some are more pronounced than othersâ€”nods to David Bowie are worn proudly on a crushed velvet sleeveâ€”others become obvious only upon repeat listening. [Read More...]
- PATRIK MATA/Patrik FK's Song Roulette
- Patrik Mata/Patrik FK is the lead vocalist and guitarist for venerable L.A. death rock band Kommunity FK. He also heads up local hexabilly punk band Texylvania. That actâ€”which, full disclosure, includes the husband of yours trulyâ€”will be performing on Saturday in observance of Sanctuary Above the Cryptâ€™s Better Off Than Dead
Graveyard Bash. The one-year anniversary party for the monthly convening of goths also involves live music, suspension and dark arts performances, and a bevy of DJs. Black-and-white attire and creative makeup are requested ... so, you know, leave your tie-dye at home.
We asked Mr. FK to put an MP3 library on shuffle. Below are the random results, culled from a BlackBerry, with commentary written in his own stylized fashion. [Read More...]
- PATRIK FEATURED ON PRESONUS ARTIST SPOTLIGHT
Patrik's long time endorser "PreSonus" has just launched their new
website and Patrik is a feature on their 'Artist Spotlight'.
We had to keep this under wraps as the new lauch was top secret.
Patrik as asked a full range of questions for this Spotlight interview.There are new photos of Patrik featured on the new PreSonus website as well.
Here are the links of Patrik throughout the PreSonus Website:
- The Alibi Magazine-Pick Of The Weekend
HEXABILLY HOEDOWN: Indulge you penchant for sex, rocket-fueled riffs and monster movies with self-described 'hexabilly' quartet Texylvania. Started as a side project of deathrock band Kommunity FK by former L.A. residents Patrik Mata and Sherry Rubber, Texylvnaia blends elements of punk, garage rock and psychobilly to create a sexy-scary sound. And the band looks goood doing it: Both Mata and Rubber have been endorsed by cult fetish clothing company Lip Service and Rubber's been endosred ubiquitous punk hair color purveyors Manic Panic. DJ Mello spins eerie rock records betwen bands. Have a freind help you inyto your tightes vinyl pants, apply excessive eyeliner and head down to Burt's Tiki Lounge on Saturday night April 21st 2012 to see Texylvania perform their 3rd live show in the S.W. (Samantha Anne Carrilo)